Are you wondering about the challenges that you are facing in life?
You might even be asking the question that many others have asked, Why is this happening to me? Perhaps, you are concerned about your relationship with your parents, spouse or other family member. You might even be facing sickness, depression or a feeling that you have dug yourself too deep into a bottomless pit. You might be trying to escape through drugs, sex and/or alcohol. Whatever the pain, whatever the problem — there is a way out.
It is during the worst of times that we need to know that there is hope and there is help. That hope and help can be found in Jesus Christ. The Bible teaches us that God loved us so much that he sent Jesus, His only Son, to die in our place (John 3:16). Jesus paid the penalty for the sins of the world so that we don’t have to be permanently separated from God (1 John 4:10).
Anyone who desires to be free from the weight of his or her sinful condition can find complete forgiveness through the love of Jesus Christ. Jesus stands ready to pardon our sins; to help us cleanse our minds of evil thoughts, words and deeds, to heal our bodies and to forgive our sins. We can be a new creation in Jesus Christ! (2Cor 5:17).
You can make the decision to follow Jesus Christ.
- We can choose to say yes, to accept God’s free gift of salvation by putting our trust in Jesus Christ.
- If you decide to say no, you are rejecting God’s offer of salvation. The Bible teaches that those who make this choice will spend eternity separated from God in a place called Hell (Matthew 25:41).
- If your answer is maybe, then you have decided to put off your decision to a more convenient time. God is patient with us because he wants everyone to accept his gift of salvation (II Peter 3:9).
Unfortunately, tomorrow is not promised to any of us, so the decisions that you make today can either lead you towards eternal life or death. The choice is yours. we each must make a decision in life as to the path that we will take.
Would you like to start a new life with Jesus Christ Today?
Jesus said, Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
As a new Christian you will find that prayer is essential to your new life with Christ. However, sinners who have not trusted Jesus Christ for their salvation remain alienated from God. You can receive Jesus right now by:
- Admitting that you are a sinner.
- Confessing that you are willing to turn away from your sins.
- Acknowledging that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you and was resurrected that you might have a new life in Him.
- As you pray, invite Jesus to come into your life.
You might not understand how to pray to ask for forgiveness. Let me explain what you should do.
Your prayer should come from your heart. It does not have to be long. To come into a relationship with Christ you can pray your own prayer or we suggest praying this:
“Father in Heaven, I know that I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Your Son Jesus died in my place, to pay the penalty for my sin, and rose again for my salvation. I need you in my life. I want to turn from my sinful ways, so I now ask you, Lord Jesus , to come into my life as my Savior and my Lord. Forgive, cleanse, heal and fill me with the Holy Spirit. Love me now and always. I pray this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”
If someone asks you how you know you’re in a relationship with Christ (saved), show them Romans 10:9-13:
“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile —the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
So, if you prayed that prayer today welcome to the community or “body of Christ!!
Prayer, Bible Study and Christian Fellowship are the Keys to Your Success
Now, that you have personally received Christ as your Savior and Lord, you are ready to begin a great adventure. As we read and study the Bible in the power of the Holy Spirit, we find strength and direction. We will learn to possess the many great promises that God has reserved for His own.
Every Bible study session should begin with a prayer that asks for the “Holy Spirit to speak to me.”
- Read your Bible on a daily basis. Start with scriptures that explain what the Word of God is and what it can do for you as per the following: Psalm 119:9, 11; Romans 1:16; Romans 10:17; John 8:32; 1 Peter 2:2 and Hebrews 4:12. Read James 1:2-4, which teaches you how to handle your trials and tribulations.
- Take brief notes on what you read in a small notebook. Read slowly through the scriptures of your choice.
- After reading, ask yourself what the verse, passage or chapter means. Then reread it.
- Think about how you can apply what you learned from the selected scripture to changing your life.
There also numerous resources and study guides on the Internet. For instance, www.youversion.com
Welcome To Cathedral International: One Church in Three Locations
As Senior Pastor of the Cathedral, I would like to be the first to welcome you. You have made an exciting decision to say yes to God’s free offer of salvation. This is an exciting new beginning of a brand new life through Jesus Christ. Just know that this is a lifelong commitment to get to know Jesus and to build a relationship with Him. The Good News is that this relationship will last throughout eternity. You will experience challenges, but remember that Christ came that we would have an abundant life!
Fellowship with other Christians is important for maintaining your new walk with Christ.
We are happy that you have decided to unite with the Cathedral church family where you can worship and fellowship on a consistent basis with other believers.
We would love to talk with you and help you grow stronger in Christ. Please contact our Discipleship Ministry at email@example.com.
We have many different Worship Services and we hope that you will join us at one of our three church locations.
Click here to view worship locations and times in Perth Amboy, Asbury Park or Plainfield.
If you desire to know more about building a relationship with Jesus Christ and/or the Cathedral ministry, please call the Discipleship Ministry at (732) 826-5293. One of our Discipleship team members will be happy to speak with you and explain the things you need to know in your new walk as a Christian believer.
Bishop Donald Hilliard, Jr., Senior Pastor